Ray Ban Sunglasses
Why sunglasses are important, even in winter?
In summer, sunglasses are an integral part of our outfit, not only because they have an aesthetic side, but also because they protect our eyes from light. However, many people do not realize that the bad ultraviolet rays are much more dangerous in winter than in summer. Green landscapes reflect approximately 6% of light. But for snow, this figure rises to almost 95%. Sunlight contains high levels of ultraviolet radiation and thus can damage the retina. Only sunglasses with high quality lenses provide effective protection against eye inflammation or more serious diseases. The money spent on high-quality sunglasses is therefore a wise investment. You may buy Ray ban online from internet shops to ensure the protection.
Aspects to consider when buying sunglasses:
• The symbol of the EC's important. This marking guarantees a minimum standard level of protection to the product. An EU directive specifies that it should be at least 380 nanometers. However, it is important to stress that at this level, 78% of the radiation is still absorbed by the eye.
• It is for this reason that the spectacle lenses should ideally offer broad spectrum UV protection, ideally greater than 380 nanometers. Only lenses with this level of protection can filter out all harmful ultraviolet waves.
• The sunglasses should be wide enough and appropriate to the size and shape of the face. So the light does not come into direct contact with eyes, either on the side of the frame or over.
• Also, the absorption factor plays a particularly important role. It must be sufficiently high. The darkening intensity spectacle lenses depends on the preferences of each individual, but also the scope of sunglasses, the place in which they are laid, the type of sport practiced, and other factors. Faced with all this, an optician can provide valuable advice.
• Finally, it is recommended to buy their sunglasses from an optician. Studies carried out on samples taken at random showed that the glasses sold in stalls are often lower quality counterfeits. As such, they can cause health damage.
• It is also important to choose the right shade for the lenses of sunglasses. The glasses are arranged by categories or classes of protection. It is not recommended to use yellow, green and blue glasses in winter because they only offer a protection class category 0, 1, or 2. The gray and brown lenses are, in turn, advised for the winter, they must still belong to the class 3 category to ensure sufficient protection for high installation activities where snows capes cause strong glare of light. Class 4 glasses also exist. They are often reserved for extremely sensitive eyes. The spectacle lenses in this category are only required when ultraviolet radiation levels are very powerful, therefore they should not be used for driving.
Ray Ban is a very reputable brand which ensures all safety features for your glasses. For protection of the eyes, you must choose to buy Ray Ban online.